Blog

Blogging with Jazer

Sunday, December 27, 2009 | 0 Comment(s)

One of my new favorite things is to blog with Jazer.  Jazer is kinda a local hero up in Amherst and 1/4th of the melodic stylings which is Rusty Belle (buy there music--[Jazer also made the web-page]).  A Renaissance man in the finest sense, he plays accordion, guitar, melodica, etc. and when he decides to, he can wear the hell out of a mustache.  Women love him, men want to beeeeee him.


Anyways. He lives in what i would classify as a communal house.  But instead of being filling with an assortment of strangers from Craigslist, his house is filled with his band-mates and best friends.  They are all artistic and weave their practice of art into their daily lives.  One of the housemates created a sculpture of a bird from discarded word.  After showing at a bar in Northampton, it now hangs on the outside of their house as a combination gargoyle/spiritual protector.  And so, I head over from my perch at the local coffee shop and walk the 2 minutes down the road to Jazer's house.  (I know it sounds too 1950's 'Leave it to Beaver' to be true, but it's true.)

And I sit on whatever is sitable and we "eat a sandwich" (if you don't know what I'm talking about then you don't watch enough How I Met Your Mother . . . and that's a problem).  And then we do whatevs. Whatevers.  Whatevelyn.  I usually take out my computer and start hacking away.  Jazer works on the band website (did I mention you should check out their website), practices his new accordion songs, or puts the finishing touches on his revolutionary new cure for cancer.  We just chill.  Like I used to back in the day.  Another good thing the blog has brought me.

And it always ends with the dramatic chords of the accordion's flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment